Just to say...

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: Just to say...
Apr 02, 2020, 13:21
Thanks Carlos. Me, the missus and the locopupzz are all well and good ta. Even managing to get a bit of work done in the garden!?!

Stay safe y'all
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2020, 08:15
Apr 02, 2020, 14:44
I've a feeling that both Lady Calamity and myself may have also had it. I've been checking our calendar and filling in gaps by checking the dates of certain photos I'd uploaded to Facebook to confirm.

Needless to say, I'm not letting my guard down and maintaining all the precautions. But... back on 7th February we spent a long weekend in central London, flitting about by public transport, buses, tube and even river taxi, when we went visiting Calamity Kid 1. Then, on the Sunday, arriving at Euston to get our train home, found ourselves stuck in the packed concourse thingy, awaiting details of delays or cancellations owing to the floods and wind damage. we eventually gave up and grabbed a nearby hotel for an extra night.

Right. That's probably where and when we may have contracted it. Suffice it to say by the 12th, we were laid up, hardly able to breath, spluttering our guts up, aching all over and I had a fever.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 15:53
Kid Calamity wrote:
I've a feeling that both Lady Calamity and myself may have also had it. I've been checking our calendar and filling in gaps by checking the dates of certain photos I'd uploaded to Facebook to confirm.

Needless to say, I'm letting my guard down and maintaining all the precautions. But... back on 7th February we spent a long weekend in central London, flitting about by public transport, buses, tube and even river taxi, when we went visiting Calamity Kid 1. Then, on the Sunday, arriving at Euston to get our train home, found ourselves stuck in the packed concourse thingy, awaiting details of delays or cancellations owing to the floods and wind damage. we eventually gave up and grabbed a nearby hotel for an extra night.

Right. That's probably where and when we may have contracted it. Suffice it to say by the 12th, we were laid up, hardly able to breath, spluttering our guts up, aching all over and I had a fever.

:O(
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2020, 09:26
Apr 02, 2020, 15:58
Doing ok thank you Carlos.

My youngest son its the only person who has to go out to work at the moment. He works in a large supermarket.

My older son works in a pub, so he's out of work.

Landells is working from home as of today.

I work in education and Psychotherapy so am being a therapist by phone. The main school I work at is open for those that need it but I'm not allowed in because of my weaker immune system due to the recovery of my tumours.

Hang in there everyone.

:ox
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 17:26
But, it might've been a totally different lurgy. We're therefore hunkering down and working from home and getting to grips with a garden that has once again become a flippin' jungle.

Mucking about with the bonfire yesterday, I managed to singe the hairs on my four arms.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 17:26
All the very best to you and to everyone here too. Much love. xxxx
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 17:28
neighbourofthedrude wrote:
I work in education and Psychotherapy...

I'd imagine there's an awful lot of anxiety and fear to deal with. And that's not even touching on the touchy subject of domestic blitz.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 02, 2020, 18:55
All the best to you Carlos, take care and hey!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmg86CRBBtw
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Apr 04, 2020, 09:30
Kid Calamity wrote:
neighbourofthedrude wrote:
I work in education and Psychotherapy...

I'd imagine there's an awful lot of anxiety and fear to deal with. And that's not even touching on the touchy subject of domestic blitz.

Yep, plenty of work.
Many people will go unheard unfortunately.
Sad and scary times.

:o(
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index