Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1505 posts

Edited Jun 02, 2020, 17:03
Re: Stewart Lee
Jun 02, 2020, 09:42
giNgko_C wrote:
...this week's Stewart Lee column perfectly mirrors my experience in a Norfolk street this weekend!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/26/how-a-lockdown-stroll-taught-me-the-true-value-of-danny-dyer

Argh! It happened again!

Some cheeky bird shat in my right ear on Sunday on account of the blackbird nesting in the orange blossom, reminding me to share with the world my continued Observer article life mirroring experiences which certainly won't be bothering the Goethe Institute's esoteric wing any time soon but we're here now so I'll just get on with it.

This Saturday the missus and me took a stroll up to Mousehold Heath to see the rhodedendrons in bloom. It was nice. Walked back along the river from the Cow Tower, past the tower bit on the river with the plaque saying "built in 1347", and past the old archway from the old friary just after Jarrold printworks.

Get back home and message the ex saying "was just out at Mousehold the past 4 hours". She replies with a photo of a box of free books left out near her mum's house, where barely five minutes ago they've bumped into a friend who's just picked out a copy of C.J.Samson's Tombland (a place in the UK that can only be spoken in a Brian Butterfield accent), complete with its full colour adventure map of Mousehold Heath 1549 featuring all the landmarks we'd walked past barely an hour-and-a-half ago.

Her mum goes nuts at the coincidence, so at least she's in on it now too.

Huzzah!

Cx

The Village Pump Index