22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
The Seth Man
1097 posts

Black George Does It With His Mind
Apr 16, 2004, 00:43
J-Tones,

Shucks, man--it all came to me after listening to "Captain Lockheed & The Starfighters" by Robert Calvert and "Doremi Fasol Latido" by Hawkwind, listening to just the Rudolph and King parts

Then I played just the tracks Rudolph and King contributed to on Eno's "Here Come The Warm Jets" and it came like a flash that it was Rudolph who was responsible for the guitar solo on "Baby's On Fire", especially since his playing had been roosting in my head especially strong for the past several years

Taking into account exceptions like the mournful solo just preceding "Big Top" on "Lizard", the solo on "21st Century Schizoid Man" (esp. the veersion on "The Night Watch" from Amsterdam) and "(No Pussyfooting)", overall Fripp's soloing generally doesn't go on at such great length -- and even less so in session situations (Think back to all those Eno, Bowie, Gabriel and Roches albums, y'know?)

Unprompted, Rudolph confirmed it for me during a telephone interview in 1998

For me, Paul "Blackie" Rudolph is up there with Davie Allan and Doggen as one of the more astonishingly natural players in Rock -- such GUTZ and such uncanny knack for making tone pure emotion, it blows me away every time without fail

Your LIBRARY had "Never Never Land"?!!
Now THAT'S truly fucked up, man hahahahahahahaha...brilliant
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index