482 posts

Re: Unexpected pavement cover versions
Jan 06, 2003, 15:57
http://www.wonderllama.com/pavecovers/
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: Covers Albums anyone?
Jan 06, 2003, 19:32
Pussy Galore suposedly covered The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street in its entirety. Never seen it though.

TpS
caergog
393 posts

Re: Johnny Cash
Jan 06, 2003, 20:28
we've been playing it alot in our house too, suberb stuff and nick cave blends nicely into it. talking of which cave's 'kicking against the pricks' was a great covers album in the 80's.
love
carolinexx
peggy
19 posts

Re: Neil Diamond
Jan 06, 2003, 23:02
Good call...can't argue with that
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Unexpected cover versions
Jan 07, 2003, 00:08
One I dug out the other day is a cover of "In Heaven (The Lady In The Radiator Song)" from David Lynch's Eraserhead film covered by folk-goth sirens Miranda Sex Garden. Pretty strange in a nice way.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Jan 07, 2003, 00:18
The Pixies have a version of this song as welll..
(Lady in the radiator...)
moey
moey
770 posts

Jan 07, 2003, 00:50
You and your Sister on Blood is fantastic.

I know the original I am the cosmos, but not that.

Caroline Crawley is also a vocalist on that TMC album, anyone familiar with her other work? She was in Shelleyan Orphan and Babacar. Love her voice.
moey
moey
770 posts

Miranda Sex Garden
Jan 07, 2003, 00:53
Hey Moon Cat. I copied a couple of their albums for Joudicaa, and I wondered if anyone had the single of "Gush Forth My Tears" which came before the albums - you don't have it do ya?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Miranda Sex Garden
Jan 07, 2003, 01:01
Nope, have three albums and thats it. Oddly enough as this has come up, also got my first Mediaeval Baebes album The Rose earlier this week and love it. MMM beguiling.
moey
moey
770 posts

Re: Covers Albums anyone?
Jan 07, 2003, 01:02
Without hurting my head too much, the ones that spring to mind are.....

Temptation by Holly Cole - an album of Tom Waits Covers in a smoky jazzy mostly dark kinda way

Ruby Trax which was released in 92 to celebrate 40 years of the NME. A lot of dated stuff now I suppose, but to hear Suede doing Brass in Pocket followed by Tori Amos doing Ring My Bell is a bit bizarre, but it works. Mind you Jesus Jones doing Voodoo Chile stretches it a bit. Also home to the Manics doing Suicide is painless, Curve doing I feel Love. Also notable are The Fall doing Legend Of Xanadu and The wedding Present doing Lonnie Donnegans Cumberland Gap - but who could forget Vic Reeves version of Vienna?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index