Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Cunts Can Fuck Off
Jul 06, 2022, 15:55
Jeez wrote:
"Would you still feel this way if you had bought one?"
Yes I would. I think it's wrong and don't understand why this latest single was designed to sell out instantly. It's a brand new track. Obviously there is a demand for the physical cd. If anyone wanted to buy this £2.50 cd single they now have to either pay a shark on Discogs £49 or enter an EBay bidding war for the other scalper's copy (at the present moment £28).

What is the point? I don't understand why and I don't want to encourage the cd equivalent of ticket touting on EBay. I don't mind admitting I don't like it and I dont like artists who do it.

Just release enough copies of the single so people who want it can buy it FFS.

Look at the recent Droolian item. It sold out quickly, people panicked and paid flippers for one, HH said they would repress and they did, and now its probably going to sit around for years until it sells out.

HH is also a business, trying to sell products. The only reason this promo single is desirable is because it is sold out. If they actually pressed up as many as "people wanted", people wouldn't buy them, and they'd be stuck with inventory.

Literally no one is forcing people to pay scalpers to own this. This whole entitled FOMO mentality with collecting is really tiring, and I am not just going to nod my head in agreement when someone spouts off.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index