Klaus Schulze 1947-2022

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Cream Corn
May 07, 2022, 17:14
HI DEN wrote:
Most of the time I've bought records from Germany they've been packed with first rate examples of German thoroughness and efficiency.

I got a reel to reel from there though, that was so full of rust, cobwebs and dead spiders that a tech friend of mine (specialized in tape recorders for around 50 years) said that he's never seen anything like that.

Most of the freebie records (used to make the package sturdier) that I've received have been total mind numbing garbage with dull covers. But that looks hilarious. Is it any good..?

Same here,man: all records I've ever received from Germany have been packed with extreme care.

I still can't believe someone sent records overseas in a SACK. But that is a step up from when someone I know packing taped several Ten Years After records together, wrote his address and put stamps on the front cover of WATT and mailed it off as is. Hahahahaha

The Little Annie Fanny rip off on the cover was the best thing. My German has been rusty for years, so I don't think that I could catch the subtle differences in Hochdeutsch vs Plattdeutsch regarding words for parts of the female anatomy. I think a Dutch-speaking, middle-aged Sumatran woman would have as much luck "getting" the humour of a Cheech & Chong album.

With that said, I chucked it in recycling as it was scratched to hell. Like the last dozen records I got as packing material (all Mantovani, Johnny Mathis-grade detritus.) Seems like sellers are using them more often.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index