17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited Dec 12, 2020, 00:07
Re: Musick to play in the dark review
Dec 11, 2020, 22:59
My CD copy arrived this morning. Nice edition. Cover has nice embossing on band name and title, there's a nice varnish spot on the moon too. Slightly different artwork to original Graal editions, and the sleeve is a card gatefold rather than digipack, though the inside of gatefold replicates the original, albeit in reverse. Track 1 Johnn's vocals are much clearer and easier to hear. Track 2, background and 'unheard' elements are brought forward in the mix. Track 3 Red Queen sounds pretty much the same as Graal edition, except for more pronounced intro parts. Track 4 ditto, not much added/subtracted. Full CD length is 59.53 rather than Graal edition 60.00. CD itself has trees printed on rather than moon pic. Tracks 5 and 6 another enhanced/cleaned up intro, with the odd background elements brought out in the mix a little more. Fortunately, it doesn't mess with the original too much, just clears up a few odds and ends. Meant to say, the Dais Records edition of Timemachines CD is still available too for regular CD prices in some places, though that may change with the recent Musick To Play... re-issue I guess, I know you mentioned you liked the recording.

Unsung Forum Index