Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 November 2020 CE

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 November 2020 CE
Nov 24, 2020, 17:43
Had a closer listen today, and it's deffo a cleaner mix. You can deffo hear more separation of the instruments, and they are fairly well balanced I'd say.
There's a nice Bolan vocal mimic, that goes on a little longer than the single 'trill' on the original mix in 'Black Country Rock' as a background line. Deffo more/clearer acoustic guitars, but on some of the tracks, parts of the vocals are mixed a little lower than I like, and spoils some of my fav moments when singing along. It could be a lot worse, and is deffo worth a listen when compared to the other 'mixes' of different albums that are available. Can deffo see myself playing this more than I thought originally. I guess Visconti is a little obsessed with this particular release, as he had more to do with Bowie during this period. I saw the Holy Holy band with Glenn Gregory and pals doing this live several years back, and it was a great night. Gregory can deffo capture those Bowie nuances, which surprised me. Catch em' if you get a chance, well when the world returns to 'normal-ish'.

Unsung Forum Index