Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 November 2020 CE

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 21 November 2020 CE
Nov 22, 2020, 18:39
Can't actually remember much of what I've tuned into, but here's what I do recall ...

Stooges - S/T

David Bowie - Metrobolist (aka the latest mix of The Man Who Sold the World)
Yet another mix/re-imagining of my fav' Bowie album, allegedly as it was originally imagined in 1970/71. Is it much different to the other mixes about? well yes and no. If you're not a massive fan of the record, you can happily live on having not missed a whole lot though truth be told.

Swans - Children of God.
Well I DL'd this 2020 'remaster', as I was curious if it sounded any better, and as I already have the original vinyl and early 2000's remaster on CD, I wasn't so fussed as to pay £32 fer another vinyl copy that doesn't sound much different to my original (which I think was DMM anyways, though not 100% sure about that) plus my original vinyl cost a quid, cos the Cartel had just gone down the plughole in the 90's first recession. Great album still.

Human League - Dare
Probably played this more in the last year than I have since it was fresh and new to me in 1981. Still a great album, and 'Sound of The Crowd' gets me every time.

Beta Band - 3 EP's
Still a classic collection of those early 12"s

Virginia Wing - Measures of Joy
Do enjoy this record, and if you're a massive fan of mid period Broadcast, well you can't really go wrong, as they've nicked the sound wholesale. Good record nonetheless. Album https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kyjejZCDUcSYJzJzGOyubFMtbP9p8EWr8

Electric Wizard - Legalise Drugs and Murder
Dooom-ee

Irmin Schmitt and Inner Space - Kamasutra
Mmmm Can-ish.

Datashock - Pyramid Von Gesehen

Blondie - Parallel Lines

Metabolist - Goatmanaut and Stagmanaut! cassettes
If you liked early Hula, 400 Blows and 23 Skidoo, then this gem from 1979/80 will blow yer socks off.

Motorhead - On Parole

Well that's about all I recall, know thre was morem but that'll do pig.

Keep safe y'all!

Unsung Forum Index