Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 November 2020 CE

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 November 2020 CE
Nov 16, 2020, 20:27
Tender Prey - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
Sometimes tracks impress you more than they have previously and Mercy did exactly that last week.

Countless Branches – Bill Fay
There's nothing inherently wrong with this album, but it's just not grabbing me in the same way as the past couple have (though admittedly they are both pretty special).

Free Hand – Gentle Giant
Some people who know me are surprised I like Gentle Giant as I'm really not into prog, but there's just something about this lot. Yes, they're fiddly buggers but it always seems that the music is put first rather than any individual showing off. And they're not just tight. They're ballsy too! I knew a lot of this album in a way when I bought it over 40 years ago as the material here is pretty heavily featured on the Live: Playing The Fool LP which I'd bought when it as released a few years earlier. I'm not sure where this is rated by the Giant afficianardoes bit this is quite possibly my fave album of theirs.

Um Dad – Stephen Mallinder
As I've no doubt said before this is more Crackdown than Red Mecca if you want a reference point. Got to say I'm enjoying this a lot.

Also...

Zinc Alloy & the Hidden Riders Of Tomorrow – Marc Bolan & T.Rex

Emotional Detox – Camera

Monster Movie – Can

The Lost Broadcasts – Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band

Enter The 37th Chamber – El Michels Affair

The Wood – Paul Haig

Substance – New Order

Summertime – Rose City Band

Unsung Forum Index