machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Oct 22, 2020, 16:52
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 October 2020
Oct 22, 2020, 16:27
Monganaut wrote:
Fatalist wrote:
Two weeks' worth...
Hawkwind – Warrior On The Edge Of Time. The 2013 Atomhenge box, which includes the Steven Wilson remix, which I may have been a little harsh about in the past – however, he does turn the middle of ‘Magnu’ into a dog’s breakfast

Not heard this, I never bought the reissue as I have the old vinyl fold out album, and didn't think I needed it. I am kinda curious, but also a little baffled as to why you'd remix such a classic album. Is it one of those 5.1 mixes he does, or just a re-imagining of the record?

It's strange, it does its best to highlight everything that isn't Brock and Lemmy, screams muso nerd to me but then pretty much everything Wilson does strikes me the same way. Totally misses the point of Hawkwind as far as I'm concerned but I find myself listening to it as much as the original mix just for different outlook. It has a dvd with the 5.1 mix on it, but as my 5.1 system has been off for a while can't remember if it's anything special

edit listening to the Wilson mix now , he's very keen on sax and seagulls, he's certainly paid a lot of attention to the sax, flute and electronics
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index