Mar 15, 2020, 08:35
...Musician, Artist and Provocateur, Dies at 70:

https://nyti.ms/2WdReTW
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Re: Genesis Breyer P-Orridge ...
Mar 15, 2020, 11:01
Very sad news. One of the most truly original, innovative and liberated souls ever to manifest.

R.I.P-Orridge
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 11:53
I knew s/he was fighting leukemia, but I'm still shocked and saddened.

Will be very sorely missed x
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 19:14
Sad news. Don't think we'll see a cultural agitator of the like again. Good or bad as s/he was (and lets be honest, s/he was a master manipulator) the the foundations were certainly shaken. Loved that some Tory fucknut calle TG the 'Wreckers Of Civilization'.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 20:29
I remembered today this one of Julian's reviews; a wonderful piece on PTV's Kondole that was one of his last Album of the Month reviews and which left a big impression on me. It's an especially fitting tribute to a true original by a true original:

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/psychick-tv-kondole
garerama
garerama
1104 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 20:54
Zariadris wrote:
I remembered today this one of Julian's reviews; a wonderful piece on PTV's Kondole that was one of his last Album of the Month reviews and which left a big impression on me. It's an especially fitting tribute to a true original by a true original:

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/psychick-tv-kondole

Indeed ... one of the PTV albums I can never tire of... The Dope Black Math album reminds a lot in places of PTV "Dreams Less Sweet" period and "Temporary Temple" (A TOPY jam)
garerama
garerama
1104 posts

Mar 15, 2020, 21:10
A great loss.

(apologies for the odd TOPY spelling)

I was aware s/he was very poorly. As has been said s/he had nasty manipulative moments butter s/he leaves behind so much diverse masterpieces with TG and PTV. And then the bands that came from that (Coil, Current 93, Zos Kia et all).

I first got into PTV early 1988 and found me very busy getting their monthly installments of Live LPs which were happening then (never made it releasing all 23 in thee series butter they did make it into Thee Guinness Book Ov Records for releasing the most amount of albums in one year around that time). I then sought out the earlier albums and was totally immersed in "Dreams Less Sweet" - a truly original otherworldly nothing quite like it album. Would get into TG butter not to thee extent ov PTV, butter retrospectively TG just made what was happening with punk so tame ...

Only saw PTV live once in Glasgow later in 1988 when they were losing their "hyperdelic" style to a more acid house hybrid thing. Pondered on going to thee TG Camber Sands re-union but never made it.

A huge influence on me musically and philosophy. Just so much of a legacy.
Unsung Forum Index