Unsung Forum »
Drifting away from Cope and trying to get back

34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tk421
121 posts

Re: Drifting away from Cope and trying to get back
Jan 23, 2020, 15:06
I got into Julian around the time of the much maligned my nation underground, make of that what you will.
I have bought nearly every release since then. I loved and played to death everything up to Interpreter. I bought the albums after that and liked some more than others. Not everything is to my taste but I have always found it interesting and worth a listen. In that respect he is very much like The Fall. In fact, like The Fall, I find he is quite ahead of his time and when I go back to any of his later albums I find them an easier and better listed than when they first came out.
I would say that Trip Advizer is an easy way to get to grips with much of his latter solo output. It's just a great album.
The Rite series is brilliant and I don't listen to it nearly enough.
Self Civil War has his genius right (rite?) through it. Some of it shouldn't work but it does. It opens strongly and Cosmic Flash for instance is just brilliant.
I don't mind if he doesn't always reach the peaks that he has in the past. At least he's trying. Sometimes, like in all relationships, it's not him it's me!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index