Drifting away from Cope and trying to get back

34 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mocked Turtle
8 posts

Edited Jan 19, 2020, 21:56
Re: Drifting away from Cope and trying to get back
Jan 19, 2020, 21:54
No, you’re not alone. In fact, I’ve often thought about writing a similar post.
I got into the Teardrops in late ‘82, i was only 14. I’d played Wilder & Kilimanjaro to death, so was incredibly excited about their next release You Disappear From View, which ironically was to be their last.
A year later Julian announces his new album WSYM & tour. Oh, happy days. My recollection of the Hammersmith Palais gig is happier than his! I was right at the very front of the stage central, what a show/finale. WSYM & Fried are my favourite Copey albums, along with Wilder. Loved SJ too, was pleased he was getting plenty of airplay & he seemed happier. Peggy & Jehovakill of course were epics, I was living in Scotland at the time, the shows were immense. I started to wane a little with Interpreter. Anything since the mid 90s has left me pretty disappointed tbh, even though I’ve dutifully bought all new releases, seen him live countless times etc. That said, there are absolute gems every now & again. He’s done it again on Self Civil War! Early days, I’ve only listened to it a few times, but I think this(for me) is his best release for a very long time.
He says he was hoping 25% of Teardrop fans would stay loyal(for his first solo tour) & was very wrong. I wonder how many are left these days? Not too many! Regardless, the guy is a legend.

Roll on 7th Feb, Brighton Concorde 2...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index