Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited Sep 16, 2019, 17:46
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 September 2019 CE
Sep 16, 2019, 17:44
Pavement - Slanted and Enchanted, Crooked Rain.., Wowee Zowee expanded editions
Picked up all the above fer about a tenner in local charidee emprium. Have the original single CD editions already, but was curious about all the extras. Gotta say, if record companies wanna release expanded editions, these should be the benchmark really. Not everything is essential, but it's nice to have it nontheless (esp those Peel/radio sessions that I still have taped somewhere). Not played any Pavement for well over 10 years, but glad to say they still have sonic appeal. Was skating youtube and Greenlander popped up which is prob me fav Pavment track next to The Hexx (still have the Volume CD with Greenlander on somewhere.

Constantines - Shine A Light
Great Canadian rawk band inna kinda more urgent Springsteen style who sadly seem to be on a permanent hiatus at the min. Here's hoping they get back together, they never released a duff record (Stereolab managed to gig, so fingers X'd)

Various – Strain, Crack & Break
Was quite excited when I spotted this. Many bands from the Legendary 'Nurse List' are pretty hard to come by (though I did read somewhere that several band names were made up). As Fatalist says, not all essential, but some great gubbins on here.

New Model Army - From Here
Surprisingly good new record. Really enjoyed most of it.

Shellac - End of Radio
Record store day release of peel sessions and live album. Not essential, but great record.

Follakzoid - I

Camera - Radiate

Bunnymen - Peel Sessions 79 - 83
Listened to this on Spotify, as I own most of them already on the Crystal Days box set. Super fab on those first four albums, pity it a went to shit after.

Simple Minds - X5
All the essential albums in one place. Saw a thing on BBC4 Scotland (on Iplayer if you're interested) called rip it up : Synth Pop. Usual talking heads thang, but SM stood out so dug them out. I probably play those first 5 albums as much now as I ever did. Pity they turned into U2.

Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa [50th Anniversary Edition]
Not that familiar with the mono mixes, as not a massive fan, but enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Echoboy - Giraffe

Think that's about it fer now. Have a good one1

Unsung Forum Index