GREEN MAN 2019

6 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2019, 11:06
Re: GREEN MAN 2019
Aug 20, 2019, 11:05
Well, the prize for 9000 posts still hasn’t turned up in the post, but I am confident that any day now the big trophy will arrive.

GREEN MAN turned out to be even more expensive - and thereby attracting a predominantly white and very upper middle class bunch of twats, than I remember frommy previous visit. Despite the fantastic and diverse line-up, I don’t think I’ll be returning.

Highlights included several old and reactivated acts like Eels, Stereolab, Lamb Richard Thompson - a bunch of jazz-dance-fusion; Têtes De Pois, Afro Cluster, Hejira, Ezra Collective and The Comet Is Coming. Father John Misty brought out the big production, but his songs were totally worthy of the huge ensemble and lighting. Also several previously unknown bands who really surprised me included Art School Girlfriend and Just Mustard. And many 6Music faves like Skinny Pelembe and Aldous Harding!

A four day festival over such a large spread of stages and areas has utterly exhausted me, though. Friday’s heavy rainfall no only scuppered plans to go and find some bands, but also added a thick muddy aspect to further exhaust and deter some of my party from hopping about, flitting between stages.

Unsung Forum Index