Dope feat. Fuck Authority - Black Math album

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Daniel
277 posts

Re: Dope feat. Fuck Authority - Black Math album
Jul 10, 2019, 13:25
MARTASE wrote:
It's very dark for sure. Suppose given the title we might have expected as much. Very much in the vein of the prior Fuck Authority release though and given the mood I happened to find me self in last night it surely hit a spot:

It's a seething monster that lurks in the next room, behind the wall, under the floor after all - and we're safe here - just - with that half cracked glockenspiel for comfort. And there's still a moment of serene beauty amidst all the murk on the penultimate track. No mistakes, Cope knows what he's doing. X

I'm with you on this one. Despite I heard the thing only once it's quite disturbing, a little eerie sometimes but there's a lot of beauty here and there. Metaphorically speaking this album could have been made in the dark ages. Sounds icy and oppressive at times but with brilliant opacity if I may be allowed the expression. There are hints of industrial and dark folk, though less martial and less imperative than the characteristics of those genres. Informed by repetition and perseverance in order to achieve its goals, I found 'Black Math' great and I suspect when intensify the spins it will be a grower. IMHO Cope always delivers the goods.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index