16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1110 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 May 2019 CE
Jun 01, 2019, 23:20
keith a wrote:
I hadn't heard it in years till a few years back and was surprised just how good it still sounded. I went to see them on the B&W anniversary tour and thought they were very good, even though I obviously wish that Hugh was still there (his replacement is very good, but not terribly likeable as a performer for some reason!)

The bass roadie was fussing about for ages before the gig, coming on and fiddling a bit, going off, then coming back on and fiddling about a bit more, etc, and I thought he must just like being on-stage. But I tell you what, it was worth it. The bass sound was amazing, as was the sound in general. The opening Tank was colossal. It just hit you. It was like being run over by an audio version of one!

PS The anniversary live B&W cd is decent.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of a B&W anniversary cd - will need to research ... Yes JJ is still probably my favourite bassist. It was just so un-bass - so upfront and some of those distorted moments (e.g. In The Shadows). Funny how the "White" side (Tank) is considered the first side - on cd and the gig as you say. I always consider it starts with the black side (Curfew) - it just seems that way to me. Perhaps because it is called "Black & White" and it is the sequence I first heard it...

Unsung Forum Index