19 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Cope/related discography thread
Apr 15, 2019, 23:34
common era wrote:
Haven't read through the whole thread, so may be repeating info here. Bought both the vinyl and cd versions when they first came out, so just took a look and the booklets in each are NOT the same.

The content of both is roughly the same, but in different order/arrangement, the main thing being the cd booklet has the classic Jehovahkill blue front cover, whereas the vinyl booklet has a colour pic of the Serpent Mound monument on the front cover.

So, my answer to the original question is that a cheap cd copy of the album doesn't give you the same booklet that came with the vinyl version.

Hope that helps.

A

Not so my friend.

My lovely CD of Jehovakill came with a booklet with the snake mound colour front cover and the colour Callanish back. Exactly like this one.

https://www.discogs.com/Julian-Cope-Jehovahkill/release/1400193

So a cheap version of the Jehovakill CD CAN give you exactly the same booklet as came with the vinyl album. There are currently six for sale on discogs starting at £3.45. Just make sure you purchase the correct CD version. The first UK limited Gold discc version I have linked to is the one. Has the four extra pages and the snake mound front cover which came with the vinyl. There were a couple of CD versions released. The one in the link I have helpfully supplied will get you the "correct" booklet for the vinyl.

The devil is in the detail.

Unsung Forum Index