Unsung Forum »
O.U.T.O.F.M.Y.M.I.N.D.O.N.D.O.P.E.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1240 posts

O.U.T.O.F.M.Y.M.I.N.D.O.N.D.O.P.E.
Mar 07, 2018, 23:28
After a pregnant pause of nine months, I finally heard "Guerilla Grow."

It is fucking loose, weird, careening, evocative, provocative, and is so thoroughly an inspired double dose of psychic vibe search that keeps hooliganising my head -- as well as proper words to describe it at bay.

Also, "Dope On Drugs."
And both of the 12"s. Which I've streamed a dozen times online for the past three days.

I lost power for an hour. Undeterred, I went trudging out in a snow blizzard listening to "Guerilla Grow" on my phone while huge branches cracked off due to wind and heavy snowfall. Or Dope. I'm still figuring THAT out.

Once the power can on, Dope re-started where it left off and the cue was perfect. I can't describe it, you hadda be there, it was more a feeling than anything.

I ordered both 12" EPs yesterday because Dope are my favourite band and I can't wait for the next record. All of them.

Also sounds great loud as hell. Solid.
ThreeFingeredPete
12 posts

Re: O.U.T.O.F.M.Y.M.I.N.D.O.N.D.O.P.E.
Mar 09, 2018, 08:39
Awesome mate, well chosen words my friend.
Daniel
277 posts

Edited Mar 09, 2018, 13:08
Mar 09, 2018, 13:07
Welcome to the party Seth Man. Dope is my favourite music at the moment without a doubt. All Dope releases are extremely great and fuels my desire for more of the same bile. Even the way in which its releases appears by surprise --there's no prior info, nor an advance-- is interesting, just like a principle of declaration, it's noticeable too their invisibility in the net and the media in these times of precarious tastes; is anybody there listening?
Dope is unexpected, persuasive, groovy, fab in its hallucinatory power and unfit for categorization. I hope that Cope remains faithful to his metaphor and to his insistence and continue to manifest himself through Dope. I can wait patiently--not so much--his uncertain next steps, be the long promised double LP on green vinyl, the Jerry Hitler's 'Too Much Religion'versh or anything he's up to, in the meantime I start drooling over the keyboard. So much so I like Dope!
dwreck
4 posts

Mar 09, 2018, 17:58
I must admit that I drifted away from Cope for a good long time after being underwhelmed with Citizen Cain'd and You Gotta Problem With Me. Anyway, It is DOPE that has returned me to the fold. I know I haven't been following these forums for quite a while but info on DOPE seems elusive. I was lucky enough to track down vinyl of the Dee Dee Ramone story which is on constant repeat around here. Amazing amazing amazing record. Wow!

Okay, so the questions I have are:

How many releases does DOPE have out? I just ordered On Drugs. Is there more besides the Dee Dee Ramone story and On Drugs? If so, do you know where I can find them?

Also, is the Dee Dee Ramone story available as a download? I'd love to listen on my phone while I'm out walking the dog or on the subway. I don't mind paying for the download. I just can't find it anywhere.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Daniel
277 posts

Mar 09, 2018, 21:52
Hi dwreck,
Dope releases so far,
Maxi 12" RSD 2017 vinyl
The Dee Dee Ramone Story 2017 cassette
Guerilla Grow 2017 CD
The Dee Dee Ramone Story 2018 vinyl
Dope On Drugs 2018 CD

I understand that Guerilla Grow CD is sold out as well as the TDDRS cassette. I don't know about if Maxi 12" is still available, try Piccadilly Records or Rough Trade. As far as I know there's no digital download of any release.
dwreck
4 posts

Mar 10, 2018, 02:27
Thanks Daniel
ThreeFingeredPete
12 posts

Mar 10, 2018, 10:28
No, there are no digital downloads available yet.
Really cool everyone is digging the "dope" vibes.
Unsung Forum Index