garerama
garerama
1104 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2018, 22:21
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 17 February 2018
Feb 18, 2018, 22:20
Monganaut wrote:

Children of Alice - S/T
Ex Broadcast and The Focus Group continue in the vein of Witch Cults..., but minus the vocals. Not played this much since it came out last year, but really, really hit the spot this week. You can't really call it music, in the understood sense, more of a bricolage of samples and moments with 'Pagan' themes given to them by the peeps at Folklore Tapes. The sounds within, remind me of a certain time from my younger days in the early 70's, when everything shut on a Sunday, and by mid afternoon, you could develop the kind of shamanic boredom unknown to my kids. It reminds me of those super hot and sultry summer days, when you'd lie listless on the bed, not knowing what to do with yourself, curtains gently billowing in the soft breeze, with the oppresive humidity, stickiness and stillness of a coming thunderstorm making your daydreams wander to forgotten and unknown realms, while outside, fragments of the real world gently distub you from your reveries. Lovely record. It's never gonna be anyones favourite, but I'm glad I own It.
Few samples here...https://bleep.com/release/stream/78524-children-of-alice-children-of-alice

Thanks for that. That has passed me by. Been on the look out for Broadcast post Berberian Sound Studio but obviously not looking hard enough. And with Focus Group too ... wow ... that's a treat and a half. Witch Cults is a steady favourite here and by the sound samples think Children Of Alice will take me to similiar places and perhaps even time travel back to my own 70s childhood with the soundscapes.

And loved the Coil listings by the way ... been listening to them myself the past week.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index