Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 January 2018

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 January 2018
Jan 28, 2018, 21:46
50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong – The Fall
I'm already wishing I'd been to see The Fall more than the handful of gigs I managed. To be honest, I've listened to very little other than The Fall since MES passed away the other day. I played this one because it's a great career retrospective (up to early 2000's) but mainly I have been listening to the umpteen tunes that fellow Fall fans have been posting on FB. It was interesting to hear what tracks meant a lot to them and it meant I ended up listening to stuff I mightn't have done ordinarily rather than just some of my all-time faves. I have a feeling that certain albums will be re-surfacing here over the next few weeks though. Good to see his importance being recognised by the mainstream media, too – Jeremy Vine playing Totally Wired on daytime Radio 2 was a great few minutes. MES even got a tribute on last nights Match Of The Day!

Green Leaves: Nick Drake Covered – V/A
Nick Drake was a great songwriter though you probably wouldn't guess that if you just heard some of these offerings on this months Mojo magazine. Great to see him on the front cover of the magazine though.

Also...
The Next Day – David Bowie
Dread A Dub – Johnny Clarke
S/T - Fujiya & Miyagi
Silver Eye – Goldfrapp
Skying – The Horrors
Bilingual – Pet Shop Boys
The Race For Space - Public Service Broadcasting
Demolition 9 – Martin Rev
Blue & Lonesome – Rolling Stones
Ten Silver Drops – Silver Machines
Why Be Blue – Suicide