Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Edited Nov 28, 2017, 15:14
Annual John Foxx Xmas sale
Nov 28, 2017, 15:02
https://johnfoxx.tmstor.es/index.php?page=products&menu=Christmas+Sale

I post this every year, dunno if folks ever buy anything (well I do, obvs) but most things on offer are 50% off, so well worth a punt if you have any free spondies. This year I have picked up 'Evidence' as I have most of the other stuff up on offer. Most of my recent-ish JF collection has come from these Xmas sales tbh. One album to avoid I'd say is 'New Kind Of Man', it's cheap for a reason. A really crappy live recording of a Metamatic tour show from 2007 with sound quality so bad, it's almost a feckin' tape bootleg (though if you really need a copy, it's 99p plus postage)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Re: Annual John Foxx Xmas sale
Nov 28, 2017, 18:57
Yep, I usually get something every year. This year I've ordered Nighthawks. If you haven't heard it, I recommend the Ghost Harmonic CD.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Nov 30, 2017, 09:05
I almost bought Nighthawks, but my head isn't really in the place for those quieter drawn out pieces....ditto that one with D'Agostini and Jansen.
I like it when he teams up with Benge and Hannah Peel, and you get all that analogue yumminess. Apparently Evidence is quite dark and beaty, my fav' type of Foxx record, and ole Gazzy Numan is on one of the tracks.
Having Said that I'm not into quieter stuff, I did just buy the XAM Duo self titled album, though it is a bit beaty in parts, and isn't quite as drawn out as Nighthawks . https://xammusik.bandcamp.com/album/xam-duo-2
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2607 posts

Nov 30, 2017, 23:25
Cheers for the nod. I've just ordered a couple of very reasonably priced CDs - so reasonable, in fact, that the P&P cost more than one of the discs! Not that that is Mr Leigh's fault of course...
Unsung Forum Index