Register
Unsung Forum »
Holy shit Cave!!!!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Holy shit Cave!!!!
Sep 26, 2017, 14:18
Well holy shit if that wasn't one of the most memorable experiences of my sad little life!!!!!

I'm talking about NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS at Manchester Arena last night!!!!

Still desperately trying to scrape my jaw from the floor!!!!

Utterly stunning and moving doesn't even come close!!!

Surely he is up there with Iggy as one of the best ever frontmen and I've never seen such adoration and amazing connecting with the audience.

All the women in the audience want to have his babies!

And all this from an odd looking some might say ugly guy!

I was not looking forward to it to be honest (as I HATE huge venues) but Nick is so good he still makes it an intimate experience!!!!

Shouldn't just mention Nick though as the band are amazing too!!!

Don't know what to do with myself today!!!!

Strange feeling!!!!

I hope some of you are seeing him on these dates too as you are in for a treat if you are!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Holy shit Cave!!!!
Sep 26, 2017, 15:51
Ah yes, Nicky Cave... I haven't kept up with what he's been doing lately. So he still puts on good live sets, I take it? Wish he'd play near my area...
lostinspace
lostinspace
47 posts

Sep 26, 2017, 16:16
yep, Booked for the 02 (cringe) standing tickets so will be down the front.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Sep 26, 2017, 17:04
A review from MCR: http://www.getintothis.co.uk/2017/09/nick-cave-and-the-bad-seeds-manchester-arena/
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Sep 28, 2017, 13:46
I was at the Glasgow gig last night and I have to say that while I thought that it was good, I have seen better Nick cave concerts. The visuals were impressive and the delivery of the performance by Nick and the band was good, I felt that Nick was trying just a bit too hard. Perhaps he felt that the step up to arena shows requires a different approach. The interaction with the audience felt a bit contrived to me. Interesting that you mention Iggy because that's the person that I thought that it seemed like he was drawing inspiration from for the performance. I'd much rather see Nick Cave doing a full blown, no holds barred, rock-out with interspersed moments of subtlety and tenderness (in a slightly smaller venue).

Also, I have never seen Nick Cave laugh and joke with the audience as much as last night. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not seen Nick do it before.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Sep 28, 2017, 18:15
Sep 28, 2017, 14:53
Remember seeing him at Reading in 1990. I had some doubts as to how his muse would translate in a festival environment, but he was absolutely brilliant - the highlight of the weekend, along with the Cramps. Only seen him once since then (again at a festival, this one being Glastonbury a few years later but never in an indoor venue. Sounds as though I need to rectify that soon.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Sep 30, 2017, 19:12
Funny you should say that as I saw NC & TBS and The cramps at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium a day or so after that Reading appearance (the festival had pretty much the same line-up) you talk about.
Unsung Forum Index