Register
Unsung Forum »
The Fall

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
carol27
747 posts

The Fall
Sep 25, 2017, 22:45
I'm getting scared that Britain's greatest living poet ain't so good. I'm listening to this man & am incredulous that his fantastic wordsmanship isn't celebrated the world over. The mighty Fall.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6200 posts

Re: The Fall
Sep 25, 2017, 23:07
I have to admit to finding the new album very hard to like. His slurring vocals are obscuring anything interesting he might have to say.

Mind you, I recently found myself warming to Sub-Lingual Tablet from 2015 more.

But then you listen to Hex, or some old b-side like "I'm Into CB" and there's no comparison between the pin-sharp, scathing humour of those records and what he's put out over the last 10 years. Plus the band is no patch on the Rileys, Scanlons and Hanleys of years ago - they're mostly playing on Brix's new records instead.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Sep 26, 2017, 01:42
Tell me this isn't so! (And how come Eric Clapton is still alive?)
keith a
9565 posts

Sep 27, 2017, 21:45
thesweetcheat wrote:
I have to admit to finding the new album very hard to like. His slurring vocals are obscuring anything interesting he might have to say.

Mind you, I recently found myself warming to Sub-Lingual Tablet from 2015 more.

But then you listen to Hex, or some old b-side like "I'm Into CB" and there's no comparison between the pin-sharp, scathing humour of those records and what he's put out over the last 10 years. Plus the band is no patch on the Rileys, Scanlons and Hanleys of years ago - they're mostly playing on Brix's new records instead.

I've only played the new one once I think. Need to give it some welly!

I wouldn't be so harsh on the new band though. Last time I saw them a couple of years ago, they were great. Had a beer with MES afterwards. I clearly caught him on a good night cos I had a great laugh!
Unsung Forum Index