One Three One related cds

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

One Three One related cds
Mar 02, 2017, 15:38
I'm a bit confused, I confess. How many are they, in fact?

So far I have:

Atlantis? Urthona Plays Atlantis?
Vesuvio
The Best of Slag Van Blowdriver
Brits Abroad ep
Dayglo Maradona
Spackhouse Tottu ep

Thanks in advance.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2017, 16:19
Re: One Three One related cds
Mar 02, 2017, 16:18
Neon Sardinia, though I'm not sure if this is still available.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/neon-sardinia/

Also, not CD's, but there are a number of downloads available via The Present day section of the 131 Doorway.

http://www.131doorway.com/the-present-day

Some are on the CD's, some not.

PS Did you get your package yet?
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Mar 02, 2017, 18:08
Yes, my friend. Today. I've sent you an email hours ago.
Renoir
31 posts

Mar 02, 2017, 19:31
Hi Carlos, I'm too a little bit confused, too much material...I think 'Neon Sardinia' CD is no more available but I can send you both the mp3 tracks through e-mail if you want.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Mar 02, 2017, 21:08
Thanks, Renoir.
This is a place of good people. Another HH dude sent me today. Thanks a lot just the same. It's awesome! I want the cd more than ever, now ;-)
Renoir
31 posts

Mar 02, 2017, 22:03
ok...but, maybe, you miss even the Nurse With Mound - We Apologise For Nothing EP...if yes same as over.
P.S.: I'll write an e-mail anyway because I've just realised that there some 131 related stuff I don't own, so I'm going to ask you if you have it.
phallus dei
583 posts

Mar 03, 2017, 18:05
In addition to Nurse with Mound and Neon Sardinia, which others have mentioned, there was the alternate Dayglo Maradona single with the Andrew Weahterall remix. And if you really want to own everything, there were 1-track CD-Rs with LY catalog numbers by Spion Kop (Das Boot), Spackhouse Tottu (The Daemon (MS20 Remix)), and possibly Mick Goodby (Kick).

Finally, there's a wealth of tracks by Robert Courtney / One Million Fuzztone Guitars on Bandcamp, which I feel may be another Julian Cope alias. It kinda sounds like him, and whoever writes the publicity blurbs for those tracks writes in the same style as the person who wrote about the 131 bands.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 03, 2017, 18:29
phallus dei wrote:
In addition to Nurse with Mound and Neon Sardinia, which others have mentioned, there was the alternate Dayglo Maradona single with the Andrew Weahterall remix. And if you really want to own everything, there were 1-track CD-Rs with LY catalog numbers by Spion Kop (Das Boot), Spackhouse Tottu (The Daemon (MS20 Remix)), and possibly Mick Goodby (Kick).

Finally, there's a wealth of tracks by Robert Courtney / One Million Fuzztone Guitars on Bandcamp, which I feel may be another Julian Cope alias. It kinda sounds like him, and whoever writes the publicity blurbs for those tracks writes in the same style as the person who wrote about the 131 bands.

If JC was really RC, then what an overly complicated and long term secret that has been, as he was active since 1978 and released a bunch of music. Do you really think he had this alter ego for 30+ years just so he could write himself into a book and remix an old song on an obscure CD-R? Now that would be an effort equal with faking the moon landing (which also didn't happen, the faking it part I mean, and no I don't want to debate it).
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Mar 03, 2017, 19:17
Mar 03, 2017, 19:15
Citizensmurf wrote:

If JC was really RC, then what an overly complicated and long term secret that has been, as he was active since 1978 and released a bunch of music. Do you really think he had this alter ego for 30+ years just so he could write himself into a book and remix an old song on an obscure CD-R? Now that would be an effort equal with faking the moon landing (which also didn't happen, the faking it part I mean, and no I don't want to debate it).

Hope your "not wanting to debate it" is related to the moon landing, not RC/JC. No, I don't think Cope has been pursuing an alias for 30+ years, though I certainly wouldn't put it past him to be pursing an alias for 5 years, and then posting a bunch of stuff on bandcamp (and even listing it on discogs) that claims to have been released earlier. I don't recall anyone ever hearing about Skin Patrol, One Million Fuzztone Guitars, and Robert Courtney before 131 came out. And I could totally see Cope creating an elusive post-punk alter-ego, who, in true Les Rallizes Denudes fashion, exists in perpetual obscurity, recording new versions of the same songs over & over. I remember in one of the last Address Drudions, Cope referenced his then-upcoming 131 and said something like, "prepare to have your concept of reality and fiction forever challenged." Having one level of clearly made-up bands, and then another level of purportedly "real" bands, that are also made up - and all done by Cope himself - would be a way to fulfill that promise.

In any case, when listening to some of the Robert Courtney stuff (I haven't listened to all of it), it sounds like it could be Cope singing in an accent (same as the Dayglo Maradona tracks). And, as mentioned, it seems that the publicist writing about the Robert Courtney tracks is the same person who writes about Cope's work for HH. In another coincidence, the bands Robert Courtney follows on bandcamp are all 131 bands.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Mar 03, 2017, 19:53
This really does sound like a Cope-ish bio:

http://www.gimmesound.com/RobertCourtney/

Lots of bands mentioned that no-one seems to have heard of at the time, not referenced in any indie books, lists, etc. Even the AKF acronym sounds Cope-ish.

And how about the reference to Rock Section here:

Born in the UK, early childhood in Jamaica and Guernsey. Early influences were “My Boy Lollipop” by Millie Small, “Bachelor Boy” by Cliff Richard ("Rock Section") and “Telstar” by The Tornados.

Second alternative is this is Drummond :)
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index