Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?

Pages: 46 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Re: What are you listening to RIGHT THIS SECOND?
Jan 28, 2017, 23:33
Traffic - Evening Blue ...a beautiful song
petemcfc
119 posts

Jan 28, 2017, 23:37
Soft Cell,Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret,it just gets more sleazy as time goes on.
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2017, 01:00
Jan 28, 2017, 23:55
Traffic - John Barleycorn ...A Sober Song. But there's a good drink at the end, and a story within. Old tunes are sometimes the best ones, the older the better. This one is traditional, from another time. W a a a y back. But it still sounds good today, despite it all, and will a hundred years hence.....Long time no play. Worth people's ears.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2017, 00:03
Jan 29, 2017, 00:02
Brian Wilson - SMiLE live - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbNwhm2EX8

Perfect!
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Jan 29, 2017, 01:37
No they weren't. They were being operated by a shaman who was also a simple man, who could empathise but only gave in to need, his or others. He didn't want to hit, just did so when he felt he had to. Otherwise, he just stfu. A democrat, a cooperator. Sound for the common good alone. Ego left at the door, goodness a constant. Unless he drummed at a member of the live audience he sensed truly deserved it until they became ill. Not just a story. Not just a 'normal' man nor drummer. Something else. A channeller of beats from other, older cultures than post war Germany. Out of time but perfectly on and in it. We've just lost someone truly special, but that loss is only in the physical sense. He's still out there. G*d I'm sounding like an effing pseud. Maybe I am. Sorry, Carol, I loved and still love the guy. He was and is musical essence. Let your bloke play him a while longer. Please grin and quietly bear it, or have 'phones full of Pixies. He's probably grieving in his own way like me x
carol27
747 posts

Jan 29, 2017, 05:09
spencer wrote:
No they weren't. They were being operated by a shaman who was also a simple man, who could empathise but only gave in to need, his or others. He didn't want to hit, just did so when he felt he had to. Otherwise, he just stfu. A democrat, a cooperator. Sound for the common good alone. Ego left at the door, goodness a constant. Unless he drummed at a member of the live audience he sensed truly deserved it until they became ill. Not just a story. Not just a 'normal' man nor drummer. Something else. A channeller of beats from other, older cultures than post war Germany. Out of time but perfectly on and in it. We've just lost someone truly special, but that loss is only in the physical sense. He's still out there. G*d I'm sounding like an effing pseud. Maybe I am. Sorry, Carol, I loved and still love the guy. He was and is musical essence. Let your bloke play him a while longer. Please grin and quietly bear it, or have 'phones full of Pixies. He's probably grieving in his own way like me x

I quite like some Can secretly:)
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Jan 29, 2017, 09:06
An excellent album. Takes me back.
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Jan 29, 2017, 14:41
Why did you leave?
Monganaut
Monganaut
2370 posts

Jan 29, 2017, 14:51
ASF - I'm doing time (in a maximum security twilight home)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7GrJNEaobE
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Jan 29, 2017, 15:27
Jan 29, 2017, 15:20
Traffic - Shootout In The Fantasy Factory ...a totally coincidental choice in the context of a brutally constructive post I felt someone had to make in the war zone over the way. Ah well, at least I tried, with best and common good intent.....if anyone wants to see the only time in many years that s*****r, the bloke that doesn't exist half lost his rag, it's there.. if the Eds haven't wiped. The twisted forum wrecking twat got what he had coming. It's bounced off, I hear. Perhaps that's because I held back considerably, I promise, despite what may appear otherwise. Totally, irrevocably, unrepentant. Anyhooo.. deep breath, back to normal.... and nice people with receptive ears and a forgiveness for the involuntary lack of paragraphs. This beauty - now playing: the gorgeous Evening Blue - is included in a new box of the first five Traffic albums I scored when out shopping for music therapy straight after, called, shock, Traffic : 5 Classic Albums.. in it, Mr Fantasy, s/t, John Barleycorn Must Die, The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys and the aforementioned album. Cost: £11-99 from a p r o p e r shop. One common denominator: they are, and sound brilliant. Like the John Martyn - May You Never :The Essential that I trilled about here recently. Packaging cp that is crap, no extras....BUT, oh, WHAT music regardless. I have them on vinyl, but have had no gear for twelve years. So, veering towards another recent topic, my first listen in that time. I keep on meaning to do a SOOL, and d o listen to things, wonderful things, but never seem to get round to it at the mo. Things. So, at least for the record, this week/end I shall be mainly listening to Traffic. Old friends. More than nice to make their reaquaintance again after all this time. In fact, brilliant. I've said before that I believe some music can be medicinal, and this, to me, is another case in point. Try it too. Five bloody good spoonfuls. End of.
Pages: 46 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index