Will Curruthers has new Spacemen 3 book out 18th August

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Edited Jul 22, 2016, 17:08
Will Curruthers has new Spacemen 3 book out 18th August
Jul 22, 2016, 17:06
Title is 'Playing The Bass With Three Left Hands'. Me loveee Spaemen 3, so book sounds right up my street. Live reading at Faber Social 15th Aug...

http://fabersocial.co.uk/2016/04/playing-the-bass-with-three-left-hands-by-will-carruthers/
MC
638 posts

Re: Will Curruthers has new Spacemen 3 book out 18th August
Jul 25, 2016, 13:20
Cool, I've been looking for a reasonably priced copy of the Erik Morse Spacemen 3 book for years.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 25, 2016, 17:42
MC wrote:
Cool, I've been looking for a reasonably priced copy of the Erik Morse Spacemen 3 book for years.

I agree - I was just re-reading that, it's a shame it went out of print so quickly. The online previews I've read from the Will Carruthers book suggest it will be a pretty interesting read too.
Mantid
100 posts

Aug 09, 2017, 05:18
I picked this up a couple weeks ago and read it during a week in the woods - it is page-turner! Lucid writing style, and while perhaps self-serving of the author, portrays him as a very likable tragic hero. Made me dig out some of my Spacemen3 to focus on the bass!

I am willing to dedicate several more inches of shelf spaces to this kind of writing, so please consider it, Head Heritage! Copendium, Krautrocksampler, Eye Mind, Cope's Head On, the Butthole Surfers bio posted here recently... I'm slowly building a righteous library of fwd thinking mf musicology books.
Unsung Forum Index