Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 5 December 2015 CE

30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 5 December 2015 CE
Dec 07, 2015, 00:07
1) Richard Thompson - you?me?us?.... long time no play. Wanted to hear one of, perhaps my favourite, RT songs, She Cut Off Her Long Silken Hair, with Danny Thompson's minimalist masterpiece of bass playing. Kept the cd spinning. Underappreciated album. Love it....... 2) The Necks - Vertigo........ 3) Gong - You........ 4) King Crimson - Earthbound .........right, the rest's Youtube. Can't do links, but worth tapping away the following to see: Richard Thompson Band - You Can't Win........ Richard Thompson Band - Celtic Connections....... John Martyn Live (Part 1 of 3) ..then:(Part 2 of 3),(Part 3 of 3) ..this is the Beeb Collegiate Theatre gig on the One World tour. Small Hours, Bless The Weather etc. Lovely ........ R.E.M. & Neil Young - Country Feedback - 10/18/98 Shoreline Ampitheatre ....... REM Country Feedback live on Jools Holland 1998 ........ REM Country Feedback @ Stockholm 1998 ..the Neil version is.. something else, other. Stipe crouches on stage just rocking his head, taking in what Neil's doing with that guitar. The Jools one has brilliant B J Cole pedal steel. Mine - and Stipes - favourite song of theirs. Lasts ......... Neil Young - Ambulance Blues - 10/17/98 - Shoreline Ampitheatre ...I always thought and wished REM would back Neil. Just found out it had happened, on AB, here. Yup. Good as hoped ........finally, on repeat, The Fall - Kimble ..MES and palls channel Perry and Can and fek knows who else simultaneously. Brilliant.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index