Your very loudest concert ?

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: Your very loudest concert ?
Aug 21, 2014, 22:01
Swans in Eindhoven I think '85. More recently TV On The Radio who kept my ears ringing for a week.

Also The Cure had a habit of cranking up the volume to unbearable levels in the mid to late 80's. The bass end during their Kiss Me show at the NEC was like someone was sat on my rib cage.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2014, 09:04
Aug 23, 2014, 09:03
Linking several of the current threads: Wychbury Man tried to tell me something during this week's Birmingham Acid Mothers Temple gig, but despite shouting into my lug hole, gave up and instead texted me.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2014, 18:50
Aug 24, 2014, 18:43
Bob Mould "Black Sheets of Rain" tour. Ouch!

Dinosaur jr in a small club in 1990. Plus I had a legendary hangover, mega-ouch!!

Dinosaur jr in a hall in more recent years; I think J is a maniac and needs to turn it the fuck down. Of course the bassist needs three huge cabinets to keep up with J's six Marshalls. I pity poor Murph the drummer: no matter how loud he plays you can barely hear him.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Tinnitus
Aug 24, 2014, 18:47
Thankfully not. I feel lucky that I learned to "turn it down and play your instrument well" after the normal "how loud does this thing go?" approach of youthful musicmaking.

If I go see a loud band, I wear plugs. When I practice the drums I wear "cans" (busted noise-canceling studio headphones with lots of padding).

However I do "hear things" sometimes at night (murmuring distant voices and other "audio hallucinations"), and can't sleep without a white noise source . . . .
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index