Your very loudest concert ?

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Re: Your very loudest concert ?
Aug 18, 2014, 21:41
Kid Calamity wrote:
Some of the nicest folk have made similar decisions that resulted in lapses of cool. I saw 'em at the Limit, in Sheffield. Supporting Magnum. It wasn't loud, though.

Yep. We all have our lapses. My god this train journey back from London is taking ages!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Tinnitus
Aug 18, 2014, 21:42
PARDON? CAN YOU SPEAK UP A BIT?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 22:40
Kid Calamity wrote:
I've got it. Anyone else?

Yep, it comes on worse when we have the weekly fire alarm test at work, right by my desk.
keith a
9570 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 23:09
billding68 wrote:
keith a wrote:
The Damned in a small club in Chester, 1979 was LOUD, ditto a recent Gary Numan gig in another small venue in the same city and MBV circa 1989 which sounded like a plane taking off.

But the LOUDEST was, surprisingly, the Boo Radleys at Buckley Tivoli circa 1990. It was uncomfortably loud. You would get used to it as a song progressed, but then when they started another song after those few secs between songs it would hit/hurt you once again. It took quite a few numbers to get used to it.

Gary Numan is GREAT live!!!! Seen him 3 or 4 times in the past ten years and he has never disappointed

I'd not seen him till a month or so ago and have to say I was really impressed
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2014, 00:50
Aug 19, 2014, 00:14
I find it hard to discriminate.

But believe it or not, Julian at Glasgow Barrowland a la Saint Julian was loud. Phone calls and supreme loudness. Nobody could hear a damn thing for 2 days afterwards.

Loved it!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 03:35
Kid Calamity wrote:
I've got it. Anyone else?

No but I think I've developed some hearing loss, probably due to seeing lots of concerts. Have problems hearing high frequencies in one ear.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 06:59
raging in one ear
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 10:01
ZszSZSzzSZsSzszZZZZSszszSSsssszz....
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 12:47
Did you all do something I should avoid? Was it from loud gigs, primitive PA's, or just general attrition from regular music listening? I dig harmonically pleasing sound-clusters...but fuck am I gonna let musik ruin my ability to savour a bit of peace and quiet.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 13:44
Thin White Rope at the Falcon in Camden. And that's coming from someone who's also seen all the usual suspects like Loop, Swans, Sunn))0 etc...

Remember the original line-up of Mercury Rev being pretty deafening too.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index