Your very loudest concert ?

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Your very loudest concert ?
Aug 18, 2014, 14:49
Stooges in dublin, it was out doors, if you went into the portaloos it was like being in a rocket ship waiting to take off the vibrations were so immense. After i thought my ears had been permanently damaged, for 2 hours i couldn't hear anyone's voice or traffic noises nothing on a normal level. I was very pleased to return to normal! it was a great show though with the ashtons and mike watt.
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Tinnitus
Aug 18, 2014, 15:49
I've got it. Anyone else?
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 16:07
Probably, like quite a few here is was SunnO)). First time I saw them the venue was in the crypt of an old church (Oran Mor here in Glasgow), which seemed to make things more intense...the columns were vibrating if you leaned against them.

I also recall a Godflesh gig in Edinburgh in about 1992 that was pretty loud and made my ears rings for quite a while.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Tinnitus
Aug 18, 2014, 16:08
Yeah. Some days worse than others
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Re: Tinnitus
Aug 18, 2014, 16:30
Just before going back into the main hall at the ATP Ally Pally thing Portishead were 'curating', I wisely picked up some freebie earplugs. Swans were just starting when I sauntered in. Gulp...
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 16:41
Sundry evenings with Lemmy and his chums down the years have left me with impaired hearing and Sunn O))) at ATP was a unique audio/physical experience.
wychburyman
951 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 20:48
Tygers of pan tang at Birmingham odeon

I can't believe I've just admitted to that
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 21:15
Motorhead's first London gig, supporting Blue Oyster Cult at the Hammersmith Odeon. I saw someone leaving with blood running out of their ears.

Lemmy: Is it loud enough?
Audience member: Too fucking loud!
Lemmy: We'll turn it up a bit then.
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 21:18
Some of the nicest folk have made similar decisions that resulted in lapses of cool. I saw 'em at the Limit, in Sheffield. Supporting Magnum. It wasn't loud, though.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Aug 18, 2014, 21:41
keith a wrote:
The Damned in a small club in Chester, 1979 was LOUD, ditto a recent Gary Numan gig in another small venue in the same city and MBV circa 1989 which sounded like a plane taking off.

But the LOUDEST was, surprisingly, the Boo Radleys at Buckley Tivoli circa 1990. It was uncomfortably loud. You would get used to it as a song progressed, but then when they started another song after those few secs between songs it would hit/hurt you once again. It took quite a few numbers to get used to it.

Gary Numan is GREAT live!!!! Seen him 3 or 4 times in the past ten years and he has never disappointed
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index