Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: One Three One
May 13, 2014, 08:57
keefus wrote:

Very good find Keefus!
How did you make the connection to look for these in terms of the One Three One soundtrack? The only mention I could find of Nurse With Mound was in terms of the Tuesday Night, Wodensday Morning radio-shows a couple of years ago (and I didn't twig they were a Cope/McGrail alias at that point).
I presume they are part of the One Three One universe now, given the location details and general vibe.

Oh, and nice sample of Silver Child (Sadistic Mika Band) on Mixing The Concrete. I'd always wondered if Cope was hip to this track (as they fall, stylistically, slightly out of the remit for Japrocksampler).
keefus
keefus
239 posts

May 13, 2014, 09:51
I too had only heard mention on the radio shows but in the blurb on this site for the book launch it says:

'There will also be DJ sets from Holy McGrail, spinning music from various bands that appear in the novel: Spackhouse Tottu, Nurse With Mound and Neon Sardinia included.'

which was (slightly) different to the Faber Social blurb:

'He will also be joined by Holy McGrail playing music from the soundtrack of One Three One, including the bands Neon Sardinia, Spackhouse Tottu and Spion Kop.'

No shit Sherlock!

K
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

May 13, 2014, 10:27
keefus wrote:
I too had only heard mention on the radio shows but in the blurb on this site for the book launch it says:

'There will also be DJ sets from Holy McGrail, spinning music from various bands that appear in the novel: Spackhouse Tottu, Nurse With Mound and Neon Sardinia included.'

which was (slightly) different to the Faber Social blurb:

'He will also be joined by Holy McGrail playing music from the soundtrack of One Three One, including the bands Neon Sardinia, Spackhouse Tottu and Spion Kop.'

No shit Sherlock!

K

Aha, well done! I completely missed the slight change in text on the Head Guide version. He's a cunning (Lokian) fucker indeed.
Getting too much for a double CD if he doesn't stop soon ha ha
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

May 13, 2014, 11:43
Well, I for one am completely fucking loving all this and can't wait for the novel etc etc.
Oh hell, yes.
Yeah!!
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

May 13, 2014, 12:30
*salutes*
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 20, 2014, 01:35
May 19, 2014, 22:30
I was given a copy of the book about an hour ago. I'm a very happy and lucky boy! From my copy.

THESE ARE UNCORRECTED PROOFS. ALL QUOTATIONS OR ATTRIBUTIONS SHOULD BE CHECKED AGAINST THE BOUND COPY OF THE BOOK. WE URGE THIS FOR THE SAKE OF EDITORIAL ACCURACY AS WELL AS FOR YOUR LEGAL PROTECTION.

THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED PROOF AND IS NOT FOR SALE OR QUOTATION.

Might be worth keeping. I wonder if it's that different from the eventual version?
bluntlaser
64 posts

May 20, 2014, 00:12
I was sent one of the orange football shirts. i've no idea why. anyone else have one of these?!
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

May 20, 2014, 08:31
bluntlaser wrote:
I was sent one of the orange football shirts. i've no idea why. anyone else have one of these?!

No idea, have you pre-ordered 131 from F&F or know anyone there (or within Cope's camp)?
bluntlaser
64 posts

May 20, 2014, 19:02
Well i did pre-order the book from F and F but didn't think that would warrant a t-shirt. i'm not complaining mind!
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

May 21, 2014, 06:01
Take it you didn't enter that competition? Very nice additional freebie if it was for the preorder!
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index