Re: One Three One
May 10, 2014, 16:41
http://nursewithmound.bandcamp.com
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

May 10, 2014, 18:10
Haha! Forgotten how entertaining the man can be. Loving all this!
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 10, 2014, 18:52
MARTASE wrote:

I hate to be negative but im really not feeling any of this extreme lo-fi stuff. to me it all sounds very amateur and poorly executed. I know I know it cope so we're all supposed to eat it all up but really..? is this the best the man can do after 30 odd years in the studio and on tour? or is making the best music he can not part of the equation?
Sorry I still like the guy but ya got to admit its a long way from peggy suicide or even 20 mothers and I mean that it the worst of ways.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

May 11, 2014, 00:00
It sounds like he's having fun, which is much more than I can say for some of the hermetically sealed, joyless product which constitutes a goodly chunk of the music biz. Lo-Fi, Hi-Fi, Wi-Fi, s'all pretty irrelevant to me so long as there's passion there. Considering I'm hearing little snatches of sounds weeks apart, I've not really formed any opinion on this, other than that I think it's my kinda scene. It might very well end up sounding a bit disposable when all the cuts are put together (which, I think, someone here with a bit more wherewithal than I must have done by now). For now, it seems like the sort of record that might've turned up on that Nurse With Wound list a couple of decades back, which obviously immediately relegates it to the fringes of the fringes, a place I'm happy visiting and in which I'm even contemplating buying a second home.
phallus dei
583 posts

May 11, 2014, 03:58
Enjoying most of these tracks so far. Yes, they are throwaway, but they are fun. They capture the excitement that Cope and co. must have felt while creating them. And it's been a treat finding new tracks (from bands with ridiculous names and intriguing back stories) nearly every day, pressing "play", and having no idea what to expect next!
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

May 11, 2014, 08:33
Yoinked, cheers Keefus ;)
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 11, 2014, 17:15
May 11, 2014, 16:45
Cheers for the heads up to whoever. The Tabernacle is an absolute bugger to get to though. Saw Smoke Fairies there. You get to see the rich and the ridiculous houses they have in Notting Hill I suppose. Worth seeing just for how much divisive a society that we live in. And throw paint on a Ferrari or a Lamborghini!

Should be a great night.
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Edited May 11, 2014, 17:35
May 11, 2014, 17:34
The evening at Tabernacle sounds like fun.

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headguide/?id=152

Sadly, I can't get there.
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

May 13, 2014, 08:52
billding68 wrote:
MARTASE wrote:

I hate to be negative but im really not feeling any of this extreme lo-fi stuff. to me it all sounds very amateur and poorly executed. I know I know it cope so we're all supposed to eat it all up but really..? is this the best the man can do after 30 odd years in the studio and on tour? or is making the best music he can not part of the equation?
Sorry I still like the guy but ya got to admit its a long way from peggy suicide or even 20 mothers and I mean that it the worst of ways.

That said, to me, a number of these tracks do actually remind me of some of the more idiosyncratic b-sides from the Peggy Suicide era (don't forget we got Bagged Out Ken, Straw Dogs and many a dance remix around this point). The Daemon, in particular could even be a mid-80s b-side and if Black Forest of Dean had turned up on the Try, Try, Try EP, I don't think we'd have batted an eye-lid.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index