Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Apr 22, 2014, 10:49
Re: Last Tango
Apr 22, 2014, 10:44
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
C'mon, someone must've downloaded it...

Kicking myself for leaving the office and going boozing before the link email came in last night.

Similar situation. I downloaded Rock Section but when I tried to download Last Tango I had to request a link to my email. By the time I got home and tried it, the thing had been taken down (managed to get a couple of listens at work through Bandcamp afore it disappeared).

Rock Section is very cool though - it does work as a conceptual piece (for the purposes of the novel) but it even works as a Cope song - sounds like a Peggy Suicide b-side that never was.
Funny though, no matter how Cope tries to make something sound un-Cope, it only becomes MORECOPE! The wa-wa, Stooges one-note piano and there's even what sound like some brief Mellotron stabs in there.

What I love about this one though is how he manages to resurrect his post-punk Teardrops voice for the vocal section.
Good stuff, one of the most unique things he's done in ages.

....or is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0qi_XoIAKs

http://onemillionfuzztoneguitars.wordpress.com/rock-section/
YooDooRite
40 posts

Re: One Three One
Apr 22, 2014, 16:54
Hahaha - https://myspace.com/onemillionfuzztoneguitars

and then the solo career: https://myspace.com/robertcourtney
MARTASE
MARTASE
602 posts

Apr 22, 2014, 21:35
WTF is going on?? OMFTG is 'lost' genius!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 22, 2014, 23:25
I'm finding this all mighty confusing for a bear of little brain such as wot i am. Regardless, loving one million fuzz guitars and robert courtney!

I've got a really good feeling about all of this...
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Apr 23, 2014, 10:11
Apr 23, 2014, 10:08
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
I'm finding this all mighty confusing for a bear of little brain such as wot i am. Regardless, loving one million fuzz guitars and robert courtney!

I've got a really good feeling about all of this...

I'm beginning to lose sight of the boundaries between fact & fiction myself now (which is likely what Cope is intending), however I think (and am fairly sure that) OMFTG are real and Skin Patrol are real.
Dayglo Maradona, of course, are fictional and from the One Three One universe. Their fictional 'dance' version of Rock Section is a cover of Skin Patrol's real version. It doesn't help that Rock Section is also the name of the main character in One Three One.
Cope has also previously mentioned a version of Rock Section by Colours Out Of Time who supported the Teardrops at one point.
Brits Abroad are most definitely fictional (unless there really was a lost Madchester band with a singer who sounds uncannily like Julian Cope putting on a Manc accent).
I'm liking all this though, think we can safely say One Three One has gone seriously viral and our boundaries between the known and unknown will be further cracked/distorted/distended once we get to read it.....
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Edited Apr 23, 2014, 11:38
Apr 23, 2014, 11:37
Fact or fiction? There's a whole new reality being knitted in Cope's woolly narrative, here.

It is rather irresistible, isn't it?
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Apr 23, 2014, 11:59
Kid Calamity wrote:
Fact or fiction? There's a whole new reality being knitted in Cope's woolly narrative, here.

It is rather irresistible, isn't it?

Indeed, but how comes Bobby Gillespie gets to read it before us (see HH Twitter), snorts & harrumphs with errant and unfulfilled sense of entitlement and expectation.
Guess it's a Weatherall connection ha ha
Kid Calamity
9042 posts

Apr 23, 2014, 12:14
Yeah, I saw that, too! I think a few choice reviewer's are being approached for quotes, to give it some cred, when it's finally launched.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 23, 2014, 23:24
What, even that bit about meeting Cliff Richards at the crossroads!
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Edited Apr 24, 2014, 08:43
Apr 24, 2014, 08:42
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
What, even that bit about meeting Cliff Richards at the crossroads!

It's all in here (even Cliff);

http://onemillionfuzztoneguitars.wordpress.com/rock-section/

To be honest, I don't think Cope could have chosen a more esoteric and mysterious post-punk song for this project and given the supposed occult nature of its roots, fits the One Three One bill perfectly.
The article mentions Morrison too, don't forget, in One Three One he is still alive (and successful). The Doors between the known and unknown, real and unreal indeed....
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index