Revolutionary Suicide

159 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Revolutionary Suicide
May 31, 2013, 15:59
got my copy yesterday. Only had a chance to listen to it twice (I've got people around now who really wouldnt appreciate an afternoons Copey) so havent taken it all in yet, but on first thoughts...

It's not exactly anything massively new and original, but its another solid addition to the collection. Whoever said it seemed to be poems set to music seems to have got it about right, ime. It does seem more about the lyrics than the music, much more so than on other albums. The music is good tho, sometimes a big too thin, and I too would like a 'proper' drummer, but its all good.

I havent had time to listen to the lyrics closely enough yet, I'm interested to hear that the lyrics to Armenian Genocide are thoughtful and meaningful to someone who actually knows anything about it (there is a System of a Down track on the subject, btw - I doubt its any good). As an old Marxist, I am intrigued by Russian Revolution Blues, but am a bit scared of listening to he lyrics too closely. I suspect JC has the dialectic wrong, but who doesn't?

Also, tis interesting choice of title. When Psychedelic Revolution came out I brought up the (Black Panther) Huey P Newton book of the same name, and wondered if JC had heard of/read it. It would seem he has.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index