Unsung Forum »
ZZ Top UK Dates

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

ZZ Top UK Dates
Mar 22, 2013, 11:58
Er, two. That's it. One more than Johnny Mc though..... Hammersmith Apollo - June 24 & Manchester Apollo - June 25. This year's the 30th anniversary of Eliminator's release. I saw them at Hammersmith when they toured it.... and it was hugely enjoyable. The last album of theirs I bought until the most recent one rewetted my appetite. Must admit that, finances willing I'm really interested in seeing 'em again. Both venues suit them, time feel's right. They still do what they do just as well as back then. Loud, dirty fun... and there's NOTHING wrong with that.
veneta1
223 posts

Re: ZZ Top UK Dates
Mar 22, 2013, 12:29
It would appear that the Manchester date is already sold out. Tried Ticketmaster and Livenation and no tickets are available.

Bummer!
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Mar 22, 2013, 12:56
Dang!!!! Only found out about it when browsing Morrisons magrack last night. Bet there's last minute returns. Suddenly feel really in mood for seeing them again....
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2013, 18:33
Mar 22, 2013, 18:31
spencer wrote:
Er, two. That's it. One more than Johnny Mc though..... Hammersmith Apollo - June 24 & Manchester Apollo - June 25. This year's the 30th anniversary of Eliminator's release. I saw them at Hammersmith when they toured it.... and it was hugely enjoyable. The last album of theirs I bought until the most recent one rewetted my appetite. Must admit that, finances willing I'm really interested in seeing 'em again. Both venues suit them, time feel's right. They still do what they do just as well as back then. Loud, dirty fun... and there's NOTHING wrong with that.

I saw them a couple of times in the Afterburner era and they were fantastic. I saw them at Brixton about 10 years later and Frank Beard was suffering badly without the click track. I figure the digital era ruined him as far as being a live player is concerned. Not sure I want to pay £40 for the privilege of hearing Billy Gibbons again. Then again if they play Brown Sugar and Jesus Just Left Chicago then I am there.
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

ZZTop UK Dates
Mar 22, 2013, 19:30
Worth keeping an eye on any setlist sites. If sellout by tourtime maybe still worth going to Hammy on night for returns or, even better, unwanted guest list tix. Used to work for me. Only failed to get in once out of the twentyish times I tried. Perhaps they still have 'em. You never knew who you could end up sitting next to... I ended up next to assorted musos and, once, Jerry Hall, sigh..
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Re: ZZTop UK Dates
Mar 23, 2013, 16:12
They were bloody good in Victoria Park, London a couple of years ago too. Forgotten the name of the festival.

I have tix for Hammy Odeon too. Whoohoo!
Unsung Forum Index