Albums that deserve a second chance

118 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2013, 02:31
Re: Albums that deserve a second chance
Jan 25, 2013, 02:28
The thing is , I think the 90's were the last 'decade' and even that, when you look back, seems much more fragile and diaphanous a notion than the '80s' and so on, though time and distance can solidify these things eventually.

As media and communication tech has got more expansive and omnipresent, possibly in the most banal of ways, the time we are in, and the (western) cultural pathways seems to have got more fluid and disparate, more thinly spread (although more intense to the individual tapping away!) than in any time before. Perhaps we are so inclined to personalise previous iconic decades with the familiar baggage we attribute to them by reflex almost, that the 'apparent' lack of identity in our own time - apart from the free flow of what we might fondly call the 'digital age', and that's nostalgia born of ten minutes ago - may prove problematic. Perhaps the grand ages of identity are no more. Or, at best, served in bite sized chunks of now.

Yes at Glasto was a truly special mo' for me and my chums. The weather was blessed kind, the feeling was most high, and it's like they were playing a set list we'd written. And it was a full 2hour + set...in the sunny afternoon.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index