101 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9564 posts

Re: Top ten worst ever rock ballads
Aug 06, 2012, 22:54
Popel Vooje wrote:
keith a wrote:

I don't think I minded Boston's More Than A Feeling's at the time but it was early days for this soft rock thing and we didn't know what we were letting ourselves on for! It's pretty rubbish when you hear it these days, isn't it.

I don't know why, but for some reason I have an inexplicable, lingering fondness for that record. Maybe it's because I was 5 when it came out, and at that age your tastes are purer in a sense because you don't have any concept of what's cool or uncool. Same goes for REO Speedwagon's "Keep on Loving You" - It's a classic example of a genre I usually hate, but that vocal melody is just so darned catchy...!

My most disliked power ballad would probably be "nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship, and it's compounded by the knowledge that the woman who wrote "White Rabbit" and "Two Heads" would be cycnical enough to attach her considerable vocal talents to such fatuous dreck.

Forgot about that Starship record. Truly dire! Mind you I've never been that keen on White Rabbit for some reason, even though I'd expect it to be my cup of tea.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index