186 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 05, 2012, 16:07
The Hidden Corner wrote:
Think we're of like minds astralcat. Now I've got the knives out I'll stick them into bands like Mogwai and Sigur Ros - I do 'get' them, it's just that I'd far rather listen to some good original kraut rock than any of this Johnny come lately wallpaper music.

The little I've heard of Mogwai didn't do that much for me at all, Sigur Ros I'm so so, not heard much. One early album sort of reminded me of Enya/Lord Of The Rings style Ambient. However, Drew of this Parish posted be a couple of tracks on FB that I liked so it's a raincheck job with them. I far prefer my 4AD, Krautrock and Cosmic Jazz and Progscapes as a rule. Yes, King Crimson, VDGG are full on in my headspace, but that's what the thread's about anyway.
I have fort duels at dawn in defense of Tales from Topographic Oceans, hence the wooden leg and the limp..I'll continue to do so until I'm like Python's Black Knight if necessary!..;

Now as far as prog goes, I'm very discerning..I tried Porcupine Tree but lapsed into a temporary coma and all it did was convince me that modern prog is shite and that includes Radio Head, no matter how much they claim otherwise...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index