153 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Apr 18, 2012, 16:49
Re: Which Kiss albums?
Apr 18, 2012, 16:44
Squid Tempest wrote:
Creatures of the Night is increasingly sounding like one for me!

Squid Tempest wrote:
Creatures of The Night or Hotter Than Hell?

Looks like Rock n Roll Over gets the most votes overall.

"Rock n Roll Over" also boasts that rarests of all things - a good Peter Criss song (though I admit my virtual cig lighter always comes out when I hear 'Beth')! "Baby Driver" is pretty much a one-chord thrash-chug with Peter Criss doing his best Rod Steward with 1000 volts up his jacksie and also going a bit mad at the end.

For full impact of the album - especially the first 'side' play it really loud and prepare to dance foolishly in front of your family. (I suspect they might be used to that).

As it happens, both "RnRover" and "Creatures" were reactions by the band to the previous albums both produced by Bob Ezrin. "Rock n Roll Over" was a back to basics heavy rock n roll album after the lush production afforded "Destroyer" with it's choirs and orchestras and so on. "Creatures" was something of the same following the (sublime) madness of "The Elder" (and it's commercial failure) in going back to a basics, but this time with a very, then contemporary, metal edge.

"Rock n Roll Over" is a great 70's KISS album, if that's what you're after, and "Creatures" is a fab, last (at the time) hurrah to the Make-Up era.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index