Unsung Forum »
Zoom For Sea Cat

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Zoom For Sea Cat
Apr 03, 2012, 12:21
A while back I was trying to help advise you on simple ways to get some of your music recorded digitally. Well, last night I was at an 'open-mic' evening at The Bridges, a local pub, and came across a 'Zoom' microphone. A guy at the next table had this tiny device on a little tripod between the glasses and was recording some of the performers.

It has two little mics, in the casing pointing at different angles, thereby getting a decent stereo spread. It's lightweight and not much bigger than a phone.

This morning I found the item on Amazon for just £79!! Check the customer reviews. It looks just what you need!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H1-ZOOM-Handy-Recorder/dp/B003Y6S2WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333451538&sr=8-1

I've posted this here, of course, for all the other folk who make their own music (or want to surreptitious record others).
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Re: Zoom For Sea Cat
Apr 03, 2012, 15:35
I can recommend these. Used two different types myself and had good results from both. The mics can be extremely sensitive though! So be prepared with headphones to see what you are actually recording!
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 15:37
Kid Calamity wrote:
A while back I was trying to help advise you on simple ways to get some of your music recorded digitally. Well, last night I was at an 'open-mic' evening at The Bridges, a local pub, and came across a 'Zoom' microphone. A guy at the next table had this tiny device on a little tripod between the glasses and was recording some of the performers.

It has two little mics, in the casing pointing at different angles, thereby getting a decent stereo spread. It's lightweight and not much bigger than a phone.

This morning I found the item on Amazon for just £79!! Check the customer reviews. It looks just what you need!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H1-ZOOM-Handy-Recorder/dp/B003Y6S2WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333451538&sr=8-1

I've posted this here, of course, for all the other folk who make their own music (or want to surreptitious record others).

Many thanks KC! I have just found my mic due to your help and assistance. I've been a bit overly profligate this past couple of weeks re.the disposable income supply, but this is the one and will be purchased very soon indeed!

Om Shanti :-)
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 15:38
Just my own acoustic guitar/vocal stuff. Any tips ?
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 16:55
The guy I was chatting to was very complimentary about them - saying that they handle pretty much any kind of volume in a variety of rooms. But yes, I'd imagine monitoring the recording levels with headphones would indeed be a good idea.
Kid Calamity
9043 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2012, 17:49
Apr 03, 2012, 17:13
Boomshankha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQz5nCn158
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 19:04
I've been using one of these for awhile, and would agree that they are wonderful. Only complaint is that they gobble batteries (so better to use an AC cord if available, though "in the field" it often isn't.)

I think they are particularly good for "intimate" acoustic-type recordings. Actually better for that than trying to record live rock music in a club.
keith a
9570 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 19:12
I've heard good things about these, too.

I'm guessing that you need these to go with it...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H1-Accessory-Pack/dp/B00423M39C/ref=pd_sim_ce_3

but that should be it - nothing else I take it?
dee
1955 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 19:18
my mate's got one, flippin' brilliant ! I may even save up and get one myself !!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 19:21
It sounds like the thing Hami (drums) sticks in various handy places recording Solus 3/Dunes gigs and rehersals and what not. Teeny but seems to do the stuff.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index