Unsung Forum »
Psychedelic Revolution

270 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
espsummer
340 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 20, 2012, 01:03
the reviews for psychedelic revolution sound about like what i would expect these days. I feel like we are in some sort of post-interpreter phase. It feels like that was a turning point. There was always anger and "heaviness" going on in Julian's music but i feel like a tilt started towards more anger/heavy metal/and just being hard after interpreter that I myself just haven't been able to get into as much. The albums previous to Interpreter were psychedelic, heavy, and their was an aura of "getting high" about them or magic of some sort. Safesurfer and star car are heavy in a cosmic way and thats what my mind STILL craves after all these years. For me the best albums in which Julian still taps into that cosmic energy are the RIte albums. I don't know if that phase is over but they are the saving grace of my modern fandom. I for one will always be more blown away by "I have always been here before" or "dragonfly" than the almost depressing "all the motherfuckers blowin themselves up" vibe. I don't feel anything when hearing that. In fact i usually think about the US/british/israeli in the lives of the middle east that is usually the source of the anger to begin with. They don't just "hate us because of our freedoms".
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index