Psychedelic Revolution

270 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 14, 2012, 13:27
after being dragged away for a weekend with the in-laws, where I wasn't allowed to listen to any music (!), twas very pleasant to be able to come hoe and put the CD on again. Tho I had already been humming a few tunes anyway, so damned catchy are some of the tunes, which can only be a good thing.

And after a few plays, I'm coming round to the idea that it's actually Copey's strongest album in years. More varied, better tunes, more thoughtful, some of it sounds almost Teardopian, while there's still plenty of Black Sheep there too. It's full of revolutionary posturing, some of which is rather laughable, but hat is often the intention I can only think - no one can take Revolutionary Man seriously, it's plainly a pissed off rant and a simple reaction to being treated like a terrorist. As such it is a fine companion to Vive La Suicide, like a sudden realisation of 'ohh, shit, THATS why you do it.' Good stuff. How anyone can live in this world and not want to blow shit up, I dont know.....

After his well-meaning but grotesquely naive criticisms of Islam and praise for utterly reactionary cunts like Churchill and the wrong Pankhurst I'm more than happy to hear him try and adjust his sights tyo more worthy targets!

And I'd sure rather listen to a pop star that actually attempts to think through some of the political and psychosexual issues of our day than one who just pumped out the same old cock rock or pseudo-spritual tosh.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index