Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Bauhaus Samples
Jan 30, 2012, 13:12
To keep from continually posting on both cassette threads:

"I have always wondered about that extra bit at the end of the album 'The Sky's Gone Out' It starts off with something like 'my baby..you'll be going to school..I wish you could be my baby all the time...I wonder what the future holds' and sounds like an elderly English gentleman talking to his child/grandchild? WHAT is the story behind that?

That is Derek Tompkins who was our co-producer. It was apparently a spoken piece on a record from his childhood, which at the time of recording the album, he could not get out of his head. So to exorcise it, he felt it might work to go and record it to tape, little did he know that as he was doing it we were conspiring to put it on the end of the record."

"Who is that snoring at the end of the song 'Exquisite Corpse'?

That is Derek Tompkins who was our co-producer and guru. He would often fall asleep late at night as he was much older than us, and so we decided to record him. The next day he couldn't believe that it was him making such a dreadful noise!"

http://www.bauhausmusik.com/tournotes/kevinroom.html
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Bauhaus Samples
Jan 30, 2012, 13:15
Thanks. I often wondered about that bit of dialogue. I have the cassette as a back-to-back thing with 'Press The Eject Give Me The Tape'. Two top albums!!
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 15:48
Cool. The Sky's Gone Out is such an eerie, sinister record, and that unexpected spoken piece at the end of Exquisite Corpse only adds to the overall effect.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 16:08
Looks like Bauhaus has ripped of some P.J.Crook King Crimson artwork on their news page. What's all that about then?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 16:26
one problem solved, now all we need to know is what was the record he was listening to as a kid?

anyone know if the rest of the Bauhaus cds are likely to get the big box treatment the first two have?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 16:29
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Looks like Bauhaus has ripped of some P.J.Crook King Crimson artwork on their news page. What's all that about then?

cover of the Dark Entries single
http://eyesore.no/tfdi/4ad-pics/Bauhaus.DarkEntries.single.jpg

I think in this case you'll find it's KC ripping off Bauhaus
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 17:18
Cheers for that!
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 17:24
machineryelf wrote:
one problem solved, now all we need to know is what was the record he was listening to as a kid?

anyone know if the rest of the Bauhaus cds are likely to get the big box treatment the first two have?

Hmmm... that will be fine regarding The Sky's Gone Out, but I don't think that Burning from the Inside deserve's it.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Jan 30, 2012, 20:36
'Party Of The First Part'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXZ827XTdMU

about 2:30 in from the start.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Edited Jan 30, 2012, 20:40
Jan 30, 2012, 20:39
http://1uevfg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pb3_ksXZG6Iqw3Ltyea136mPQBxb3YtvQb2OjkkPcbYYXq9nCHBPGlAVGQVVcORyCEcl9rnNsFCM9ZpC4Kjv9wQ/Venus%20dormida-Paul%20Delvaux.jpg?psid=1

Paul Delvaux ... ripped by everyone.

Well worth a google image search!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index