86 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Music of the mad.
Aug 18, 2011, 11:26
Kid Calamity wrote:
I've come across several folk who make their own version of music, entirely on their own terms - yet fail to function - or be very adept at communication, otherwise. Totally at odds with communicating other people beyond, that is by making muscical sounds with them.

The article that started the thread was about art brut which you may have more knowledge of than me. That is art created in the way you describe above by people in the same or worse condition and whose work has attracted the attention of the art buying public and subsequently gained a market value. This value is of no concern to the artist, their only concern is working through whatever they are doing with painting or whatever. Giving such work market value is problematic to me but some of the work that has come out of this movement is undeniable powerful (to me).

Obviously the thread has gone all over the place but I am fascinated with the idea of such an artistic process, where it is all internalised - with no thought of others viewing the work or selling it.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index