Deepinder Cheema wrote:

Yeesh, how about Revolver then?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: William Bennett (Whitehouse) talking about his record collection
Jul 04, 2011, 09:01
smrt wrote:
Sometimes the blatant racist attitudes of the anti-fascist brigade pisses me off too.

Eh?
smrt
130 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 13:11
Squid Tempest wrote:
smrt wrote:
Sometimes the blatant racist attitudes of the anti-fascist brigade pisses me off too.

Eh?

ToneStone wrote:
I hate nazi's record collections

Replace nazi with any other cultural group and tonestone remark would be shot down as racist.

Islington South and Finsbury Labour MP Emily Thornberry wrote:

It is a shame and a disgrace that these peddlers of poison are playing in Islington. We have a proud history of tolerance in this borough – they have no place here.

If she had not be talking about people going to Slimelight, then I guess her outburst would not have been accepted either. It's the continual racist outbursts from people who claim to be anti-racist which just annoys me.

Racism is about CULTURAL predudice. Sure nationality and colour are common signposts, but mostly it is about cultural differences. We all discriminate on cultural grounds, the difference though it how we express it.

Need not be. Does not matter.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 13:21
It was a pun on the words of John Belushi from the Blues Brothers in reference to Illinois Nazis.

As for Bennett being a nazi, i attended a Whitehouse concert in 1989 and was confronted by a slide show of concentration camps and Reichstag rallies and Bennett in an ex military S-S leather coat zeig heiling for most of the show and being zeig heiled back by the simpleton cunts in the audience.

Funny you mention Slimelight as me and Pete Ojovia were the DJ's from 1989 - 94 in the Industrial room.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 13:37
smrt wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
smrt wrote:

Eh?

ToneStone wrote:
I hate nazi's record collections

Replace nazi with any other cultural group and tonestone remark would be shot down as racist.

Islington South and Finsbury Labour MP Emily Thornberry wrote:

It is a shame and a disgrace that these peddlers of poison are playing in Islington. We have a proud history of tolerance in this borough – they have no place here.

If she had not be talking about people going to Slimelight, then I guess her outburst would not have been accepted either. It's the continual racist outbursts from people who claim to be anti-racist which just annoys me.

Racism is about CULTURAL predudice. Sure nationality and colour are common signposts, but mostly it is about cultural differences. We all discriminate on cultural grounds, the difference though it how we express it.

Need not be. Does not matter.

You're talking about bigotry, surely? Racism is specific to race rather than culture I'd have thought.
smrt
130 posts

Jul 04, 2011, 14:05
Squid Tempest wrote:

You're talking about bigotry, surely? Racism is specific to race rather than culture I'd have thought.

That also depends on how you define race, we are all humans afterall. I prefer to base it on culture. You get black-on-black racism (eg between the jamaican and nigerians) so it's not just about colour. Anti-semitism it regarded as racism, so it's not about nationality. The common thing in racism seems cultural differences. But sure we can use the word bigotry as well, it's just another box we like to keep other people in.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index