118 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited May 25, 2011, 02:54
Re: Favourite Record Sleeve?
May 25, 2011, 02:13
Someone mentioned Comus. I do know something about the original artwork - It is by Roger Wootton as is generally known, he also provided the artwork for the Tone Float LP by Organisation and a band called Horse. Both on RCA. I wonder who was that bright spark at RCA.

I contacted him about the wrung out homunculus drawing which someone here very cleverly described it as, as it captures the music perfectly (in a good way). When asked about where is the original artwork he said that his manager managed to retrieve it from Pye, but it got damaged or destroyed in a flood. What few people know was it was printed as a poster for the Red Bus agency from the original drawing.. because I found one. When comparing it to my LP I noticed there was a bit more of his arse going on. I believe it was sold at the gigs in late 1970. It is said that the LP bombed because of the attack on the GPO tower..strangely a song by Vertigo act Cressida on their 2nd LP dedicates a song to..because the singer (who was upset) sent a script which never arrived.

Mentioned on the label topic, feast your "eyes"..

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4072240040
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index