Yusufina Dali

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Apr 25, 2011, 04:05
Yusufina Dali
Apr 24, 2011, 03:46
Heard her on Resonance FM on the Naked Short Club, a regular programme by Gong fan Dr Stu about Hedge Funds and Finance here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1442785/The_Naked_Short_Club_March_14th_2011.mp3

But straight to the songs here:-

http://soundcloud.com/yusufina

She is pretty whacked out. The last song is her best. Her stuff is on youtube if you want to sing along

Beats Anthony and the Johnsons and other trite nonsense on "Later.."
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Yusufina Dali
Apr 24, 2011, 13:49
Fantastic, dramatic stuff, Deep! Thanks for the heads up. I see that at least one of those tracks on the Soundcloud site is available as a free download.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Apr 24, 2011, 14:12
It is very infrequent as John Peel used to say as regards his quest, to hear something in which the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I'm pleezed you agree with me.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Apr 24, 2011, 22:02
I'd really love to see her and her marvelous band doing that live. The Youtube clips really are very good.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2554 posts

Apr 24, 2011, 22:41
Yup I like that as well.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Apr 25, 2011, 04:04
Apr 25, 2011, 04:03
If you go to her Faceache page then there are details of an artistic Soirée with some other artists..I think it is in June - you may have to join as I have to get further details. There is only YD on FB.
FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Apr 26, 2011, 23:29
Impressive!. First track does it for me.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Apr 27, 2011, 00:01
Apr 26, 2011, 23:53
Cool. I sent her a link to here and she is genuinely knocked out that folks like her talent (she will get hardened to it all if the machine takes over). I hope she makes different sounding stuff as well as sounding like Brel. I would love some bonkers stuff similar to Nina Hagen off her first LP..and then not throw her career away, but she certainly has her own very distinctive voice.
FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Apr 27, 2011, 19:47
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Cool. I sent her a link to here and she is genuinely knocked out that folks like her talent (she will get hardened to it all if the machine takes over). I hope she makes different sounding stuff as well as sounding like Brel. I would love some bonkers stuff similar to Nina Hagen off her first LP..and then not throw her career away, but she certainly has her own very distinctive voice.

Agreed. Also thought that first track conjured up an an earthy female Brel with touches of Michael Nyman on the piano. Will certainly look out for her and the Youtube vids are excellent quality. She doesn't appear to have released anything as yet?
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Edited Apr 27, 2011, 20:35
Apr 27, 2011, 20:24
Lets hope she releases some vinyl. When that happens I bet there will be a rush to nab copies and mayhem will then ensue.
Unsung Forum Index