The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Oct 30, 2010, 10:59
Re: enough is enough
Oct 30, 2010, 10:14
IanB wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
To be fair Ian, D1 often starts the trouble in the first place, completely unprovoked. However, I do agree. We should walk on by.

Om Shanti.

I don't want to get involved in he-said-she-said but I think what started this specific thread detour was Dodge expressing an eye-brow cocked opinion about revisionist attitudes to pop music, throwing in some facts along the way, and the first response to his comment ended up with him basically (if indirectly) getting called a snob in return. Then all hell breaks loose. He's no angel in this but if people insist on pouring fuel on the fire ....

It is sometimes hard to gauge where someone's coming from on the net, but I personally have found some of his initial posts on threads to be automatically combatative as if there's a personal agenda going on re. HH and its contributors. That sets up a loop as some people will automatically respond to what they sense as agression. That's a perfectly understandable reaction IMO, and not pouring fuel on the fire. If you and I were having a friendly conversation face to face in a pub about music, and we didn't agree about something, I believe it would be relaxed and friendly, after all, it's only Rock and Roll as you say. With D1, I often get the impression in his posts that if he were to join in with this hypothetical conversation, his would be an attitude of squaring up to you, finger jabbing etc. I have nothing personal against the man whatsoever, but I do get that distinct impression unfortunately.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index